Ignite Your Y: Networking & Panel Discussion for Purpose-Driven Entrepreneurs & Professionals
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
What do you love to do? Have you found your passions?
Are you pursuing them?
Whether your answer is yes or no, Ignite Your Y is a special networking night hosted by the Y Space Community members, featuring future movers and shakers of Philadelphia.
Network: Meet other motivated entrepreneurs & professionals.
Learn: Hear from guest speakers and their journey to discover and pursue their passions. Featuring: a World Champion speech competitor and CEOs of some of the hottest new startups in Philly.
Grow: Gain the motivation and actionable insights to ignite your Y: start pursuing passions and achieving your goals.
- Nicodemus Madehdou: Co-Founder & CEO of JumpButton Studio
- A 2016 high school graduate, he co-founded JumpButton Studio in 2012, an entertainment company focused on developing products that inspire change while educating individuals through easy to consume animated shorts known as Curiosity180 – Let’s Talk About It. Honored as the “Leader on the Fast Track” by the Entertainment Software Association, he has represented the company twice at the White House to be recognized for his company’s mission to create a positive impact on the community.
- Danish Dhamani: Co-Founder & CEO of Orai
- Danish’s vision is to empower anyone in the world to overcome their fear of public speaking and to become a better communicator. As a first-generation immigrant, for whom English is a second language, the fear of public speaking haunted Danish throughout his early life. But by constant practice and coaching, he soon realized that people are not born public speakers; instead, public speaking is a learnable skill. This is what inspired Danish to create Orai, a mobile app that uses artificial intelligence to coach you to remove filler words, speak clearly, and communicate at a good pace.
- Keenan Corrigan: Director of Philadelphia, Venture for America
- Commitment to community and hunger for challenges have lured Keenan up and down the East Coast for most of her life. Keenan’s professional journey has taken her from the classrooms of Duke University to a Department of Defense Counterterrorism Center in Washington D.C. to the wild places of the Mid-Atlantic, where for 4 years she led both outdoor expeditions and fundraising campaigns for Outward Bound. Now, as Venture for America’s Director of Philadelphia, Keenan manages community partnerships, works with local startups, builds relationships with donors, and supports the (many) Fellows in her city.
- Johnathan Grzybowski: Co-Founder of Penji, one of the “2018 Top Philly Startups to Watch”
- Johnathan is rogue risk taker turned entrepreneur and national thought leader in digital marketing and branding. He is the Cofounder of Penji, an unlimited graphic design service for marketing teams, that provides jobs and internship opportunities to Camden students and residents.
- Aaron Beverly: 1st Runner Up of 2016 World Championship of Public Speaking – Toastmasters
- In 2016, Aaron competed against over 30,000 competitors across the globe in the Toastmasters International Speech Contest. Performing the speech, that has come to be known simply as the “57-Word Title” Speech, Aaron spoke about the power of using a few words which earned him 2nd place in what some have declared one of the toughest World Championship of Public Speaking contests ever.“One of the most introverted people you can meet,” Aaron has learned to balance his innate introversion with flashes of extroversion with hard work and great mentors.
More event photos can be found on Y Space Facebook Page HERE.